Friday, February 10, 2006

It’s Taxpayer “Hunting Season” over at H&R Block/HSBC

Hurry, hurry – get those tax filings in – and it’s soooooo easy to get your refund fast with electronic filing through H&R Block.

But before you fall victim to HSBC’s heavily promoted program to basically loan you your tax return early, consider what one poster at the creditinfocenter forums (see link at left) discovered by taking the time to read the fine print:

By clicking I AGREE below I am indicating that I have read, understand and agree to the Application, including but not limited to: (a) [b] Section 9 in which I agree that HSBC may use amounts received from my tax refund to pay delinquent debts I owe HSBC or others.
Clever these Squaliformes are, eh? I particularly like the "or others" end of the scheme. Wonder how "the others" are getting notified that people are filing their taxes and getting refunds? Maybe a little too much cooperation.

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean

No comments: